1. ELO - It's a Living Thing
2. Robert Pollard - Caught Waves Again
3. Pixies - Ed Is Dead
4. Love is Laughter - Corona Extra
5. Palace Music - Gulf Shores
6. The Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker
7. Brian Wilson - Surf's Up
8. Pinback - Boo
1. Neil Halstead - Seasons
2. Surf Punks - My Wave
3. Morcheeba - The Sea
4. Shuggie Otis - Island Letter
5. Yo La Tengo - Black Hole
6. Kevin Baker - Riding the Wind
7. Menomena - Oahu
8. Devandra Banhart - Some People Ride the Wave
I love making mix tapes. As a matter of fact, I love it so much, it's what I did for a job during the dotcom boom. It's a hobby I haven't been able to shake since youth, so I started a cd mix club called The Woodpex here in Portland. This is a mix I never actually submitted to the club, so I thought it might be cool to post it here, with some original album art (that I just finished).
Some of the music choices are fairly obvious, some are rare gems. It's the modern age! Go ahead and print out the art and make yourself the mix! Or let me know if you have some better suggestions for tunes...
PS: Yes, I'm riding a blue diamond tail in the drawing. Can you tell what I'm thinking about?