Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sissyfish in Brasil


I'm incredibly stoked to be a part of the upcoming Santos Surf Art II art festival on the beautiful coast of Sao Paulo, Brasil. This is a country I've always dreamed of visiting, and now at least my drawings will be making the pilgrimage to paradise... Lucky art!

My art is also lucky because it will be hanging near some of my heroes, who you can see by enlarging the Nat Russell-drawn poster above. Albe "Morning of the Earth" Falzon? Andrew "Litmus" Kidman? Jamie "We Approach Our Martinis With Such High Expectations" Brisick? Sea "The Guy Who Did My Blog Banner" Mouse? And that's just to name a few!

The event is taking place from January 20-26, and if you want to read more about it, head to the Santos Surf Art Blog, where I'm currently experiencing my 15 minutes of fame.

Special thanks to Jair, the super-cool, super-talented guy who's organizing the whole thing. Who knows, maybe I'll figure out a way to make the trip after all...

(If you want to see some examples of my artwork that's been featured on this blog, click HERE.)

6 comments:

Nash said...

Chumly,
Super rad.

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

That is fantastic! I got really excited when I saw your interview on Santos SurfArt, because I am kind of new to your blog, and I didn't realize you were an artist! I really dig your artwork. Congratulations.

Chum said...

Thanks, Jamie. Glad to have discovered you and your blog as well!

Unknown said...

I knew I knew that song, it is from Black Orpheus. Good choice.

G said...

Congrats Sissers...your art will have a blast in Brasil!

seamouse said...

Rad.