Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'd Prefer Bamboo Under My Fingernails...

I had to skip the annual trip to Mexico with my faithful band of surf-banditos and you know what that means: regular dispatches from them detailing the roping, reeling lefts they've been scoring for the past week. It probably would be easier if I wasn't part of the original party who researched and reserved that beach house over a year ago. It also wouldn't be so tough, of course, if I'd made it to Brazil or if I'd been scoring perfect spring swell in their absence.

I was, I didn't and I'm not.

But a thought crossed my mind today on the rainy commute from my temporary cubicle gig that made it all a little easier: I had to stay home so that they could score. Murphy's law dictates that if we'd all been there, it would have been dead flat. And if somebody's not starving, the feast is just standard fare, right?

That, and the thought that almost exactly a year ago I was south of the border all by myself, posting pictures for my buddies at home to see...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I guess I deserve it... :)


We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful - Morrissey

9 comments:

Beetlejuice said...

Doh!!

Nash said...

Whatever man, you live a charmed surf life and score more trips than anyone I know.

Chum said...

That's kind of my point at the end...

Anonymous said...

Looks like your constipated or something.

Chum said...

That's funny, because I actually had the runs.

OS said...

Thanks for taking one for the team Chum...although it would be infinitely more fun if you were along for the rides.

Speaking of Banditos, G saw Mr. Cosmic Bandito himself walking the beach today...he's apparently taken up residency in these parts...I can't blame him.

BTW...Mark H is stoked to have made your blog!

Chum said...

Me too dude. As painful as it may be, I'm actually really stoked for you guys and want to see some serious photos of the swell that's on the way.

Good luck to the Blazer's tonight as well...

Unknown said...

anyway you might be able to give me some help finding a place in mainland Mex. I am planning a trip for this next december and followed your blog for awhile and noticed the destinations. I have looked at multiple listing websites but insight would be invaluable. Thanks for any help. J

TR said...

Hey Chum.

Is that left in the foto LaSal...or Tronc...or? Its cool you hooked up with Amigo Edmundo Fladungo your last trip'o.