Thursday, May 27, 2010

Huevos Rancheros





Or is it Wave-os Rancheros? A couple weeks ago I finally got a chance to visit a wave I've always wanted to surf: The Ranch in Guerrero, Mexico. It's a lefthand pointbreak that can hold up for more than 200 yards, and can hold some serious size to boot. We got it pretty good.

The pics above are from a day that I almost opted out of (see previous post), but decided to paddle out at around 11, right when the wind started blowing. Thanks to Ebb for putting together this little photo collage a typical day. When the swell really started cracking later in the week, seems like shooting photos took a backseat to actually shooting the curl... I can't believe I actually just wrote that.

But you know one of the best things about surfing the Ranch? Getting a breakfast of huevos rancheros, cooked over an open fire, served to you in front of the waves after a 3-hour session. The most pressing question of the day? Cafe con leche or a cold cerveza? Or a second session?

More pics to come...

4 comments:

G said...

You can tell that first pic is from our first day by E's pasty skin.

Wish I was there eating huevos rancheros with the crew right now.

ras said...

I didn't get to make it to the ranch. thank goodness for the half dozen similar cobblestone points around here. we don't get 18 sec. periods but we do get some long walls.

Patch said...

Buenisimo

Chum said...

Cobblestone points rule. That one in particular took its toll on my bare footsies... Like Ean's lilly skin, they toughened up by the end.