Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Roadside Attraction


Whenever I drive by this outcropping, with the single tree leaning over the bay, I immediately think of Ukiyo-e woodcuts. Incidentally Hiroshige, the guy who did the picture above, is the dude who carved that famous cresting wave you see everywhere*, probably the most famous wave in the history of art.

*Correction, it was Hokusai that did the famous wave mentioned above (thanks, Zack). I think I was thrown by the view of Fuji in the background. One more misstep like that and I'll have to turn in my artfag badge!

4 comments:

Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Not the first time this cats put his foot in his mouth. Art and surf rookie is he.

Chum said...

Busted. But I did see that piece on tom killion in TSJ... at least I think it was killion, I could be wrong there as well.

I must be wearing mint flavored shoes, right anon?

Nash said...

Chumly, you don't need to turn in your "artfag badge"...just your art badge.