Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wassup, Daddios?



Happy Father's Day to all you surf dads out there: Mark, Porky, Gaz, JP, Jeff, Whiffleboy, Patchy, Pete, Kyle, Twinfin, Lawless, Writer, Glayfin, Brownfish, Kono, Totor, David, Mick, Jason, and anybody else I missed. We don't all have to be as committed to "the life" as Doc Paskowitz above, but here's to the joys of sharing our love of the ocean with our kids... And of course, big shout to my own Pop, who threw me into the waves way back when we were still Californians.

Last I checked, Surfwise was actually playing in Portland. I may go peep it tonight in honor of Father's Day.

Oh yeah I remembered (while surfing today) that I forgot Doc and Dubstar, who is new to the brotherhood of surf dads...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He fed us branches for breakfast."

Cheers, Sissypuss. Hope your day was as good as Porky's: Blueberry pancakes and coffee first thing with the family; a couple hours of hiking, native-plant spotting and wave-watching with the same crew; three-plus hours of fun surf at a favorite reef for Dada's "alone time"; Worm's famous homemade tortilla soup complemented with lots of avocado and Pacifico for family dinner; and still 3 1/2 hours to go ...

jchack said...

Dude, You guys are gonna make me cry! I'm in Austria for the second week of meetings. No blueberry pancakes for this Papa.

Hope y'all have a great day. Siss, this is your first right? Hope you got a handprint or an awsesome looney-toons tie.

Whiffleboy said...

Right back at ya, bro. :-)

I was able to grab a couple of surf hours at Malibu, lunch at Hooters (haahaha!) and then the Laker game. Almost a perfect day.

Morgan said...

"She taught me how to eat pussy"

J.P. said...

Thanks for the shoutout Daddio.

6ftnperfect said...

belated happy father's day to you too

Graham said...

This is way late but congrats to you as well. Isn't being a dad rad?

Our lil nug just hit the two mark last saturday