Friday, June 20, 2008

Which Day Would You Surf?


Dilemma. Swell from the south, winds pretty mellow in the AM, high tide in the 3ish area. Which dawn patrol would you bet on? Before you say "both," just know that's not an option.

9 comments:

Nash said...

More information could help with that decision. How high/low are the tides...

rye said...

when it's such a close call i like to try and hook up with some fun people. maybe puff a little green before i paddle into the blue. be young again and again

G said...

If that was a Cali swell, you might be forced to surf both days cuz it would be perfect. Up here, it might not matter. Hook up with Nash for the green. Worked for him, OS and I last time.

pushingtide said...

Hmmm, well if it was biggish but lumpyish this morning in socal and it should clean up by tomorrow, then by the time it would get to Oregon it would be that Sunday is the better day. Plus everyone will be out Saturday trying to get the early swell and then party all night Saturday night which means you'll have empty waves on Sunday. And yes, you should go see Mr. Nash just in case.

-Surf Dr. Push

Doc said...

Sunday without question...
Leave Saturday afternoon...
And go home Monday about noon.

OS said...

i suggest waiting for me to get in from europe and heading out together sunday around noon/1ish.

seamouse said...

Seeing as MSW is nearly always a day out I'd say sunday!

lawless said...

Both. :D

It's summertime, gotta get it while you can.

Jake said...

Looks super fun. I was on it but those pesky kids woke before me and ruined the sneak out.